You can use your company's domain name to customize the URL addresses to your various vbim subscriptions.
For example, your firm's name is World Wide Architects and your firm's domain name for it's website and email is worldwidearch.com. You can create a subdomain to point to your various vbim services to make it look your own, eg. bimserver.worldwidearch.com
A Canonical Name or CNAME record is a type of DNS record that maps an alias name to a true or canonical domain name. CNAME records are typically used to map a subdomain such as www or mail to the domain hosting that subdomain's content.
To do this, you will need:
- Access to your Domain Name Registrar. This is where you registered your domain name. This may be Network Solutions, GoDaddy, MediaTemple, etc.
- The vbim Server URLs you were provided in your vbim Welcome email. vbim utilizes three TLDs depending on your firms geographic location:
- The vbim domain names assigned to your servers or services formatting is:
- For Managed ArchiCAD & Revit BIM Servers: worldwidearch.bim01.vbim.co
- For Managed ArchiOffice Servers: worldwidearch.ao01.vbim.co
- For Managed SpecLink Servers: worldwidearch.spec01.vbim.co
- For Render Farms: worldwidearch.render01.vbim.co
Here are instructions if your domain is registered with GoDaddy:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product.
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Additional Settings section and select Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, at the bottom of the Records section, click Add.
- Select CNAME from the Type dropdown.
- Complete the required fields:
Host: The host name, or prefix, the CNAME record will be set to. The host cannot exceed 25 characters or be the @ symbol, eg. bimserver.worldwidearch.com
Points to: The URL of your vbim service, eg. worldwidearch.bim01.vbim.co
TTL: How long the server should cache information, typically 86400
Note: All DNS changes can take 24 - 48 hours to fully update across global networks.